Being one of the most sophisticated control panels in the market currently, cPanel makes it easy to check the status of services. In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to check the status of the MySQL server both using the cPanel interface and SSH directly on your dedicated server.
Checking your MySQL server using SSH:
The process for checking the MySQL server is quite straightforward. Simply follow the step-by-step process outlined below.
- Login to your cPanel dedicated server using SSH
- Run the following command from your SSH window:
# mysqladmin status
- Alternatively, you may also run the following command:
# mysqladmin processlist
Checking your MySQL server using WHM:
Should you be unfamiliar with SSH (Secure Shell), you may use the WHM (Web Host Manager) to be able to check on the status of the MySQL server, please see the step-by-step directions on how to accomplish this.
- Login to your cPanel dedicated server using WHM
- On the left side menu, locate the section called "Server Status"
- From there, click on "Service Status" and locate "mysqld" and check its status
If you have any further questions pertaining to your cPanel dedicated server, please feel free to get in contact with our dedicated server team for further assistance.