When you need to send an email address to an email address that doesn't exist on a Plesk VPS, a catchall email address on the Plesk VPS can come in very handy. A catchall email address on your Plesk VPS can also help catch emails that may have typos in them.
Enabling catchall email:
- Login to Plesk VPS (the login information can be found in your welcome email)
- Click on "Domains" and then click on the domain that you wish to edit
- Now, click on "Mail" and then click on "Preferences"
- Here, you will need to set what you wish to do with messages sent to a "nonexistent" user
- There are three different options:
Bounce – messages that arrives on a Plesk VPS server where there is no mailbox present, it will be sent back to the original sender.
Catchall Address – All messages will be accepted on the Plesk VPS server and forwarded to this email address. We strongly recommend that you use an internal email (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) instead of a webmail service such as Gmail, or Yahoo! for spam reasons.
Discard – This means that any message sent to a nonexistent user will be discarded (deleted) on your Plesk VPS without sending a bounce back message to the original sender.
- Select, and review your choices above and then click "OK" to confirm the changes that will be saved onto your Plesk VPS.