When it comes to resetting the phpList password, there are a couple of steps that you may take. The first step is to try to reset the password from your web interface. Should the above method not work, you may reset your phpList password from the database using PHPMyAdmin.
Resetting your phpList password via a web interface:
This method will teach you how to reset your phpList password via a web interface. Please note that this method requires that you have access to your webmail where the new password will be sent. If you don’t have access, please use the alternative method for resetting the phpList password.
- Open your browser and visit your phpList admin login page
- From there, click on the "Forgot Password" link
- Enter in the admin email address then click "Send"
Please note that it can take up to ten minutes to deliver the email. If it doesn’t arrive, please consider using the alternative phpList password reset method.
Resetting your phpList password via MySQL:
To reset your password via MySQL the process is very straightforward. However, you will need to ensure that you have cPanel access to your web hosting account prior to doing so. Once ready, please follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Login to your cPanel web hosting account
- Locate the section called "Databases"
- Then click on the "PHPMyAdmin" icon
- Select the phpList database from the left-hand side menu
- Then click on the table named "phpList_admin" and then on "Browse"
- Click on the pencil next to the field that says "Password"
- Adjust the password and click on "GO" to save the changes
If you have any further questions pertaining to phpList hosting, please feel free to get in contact with our web hosting support team.