The process of adding an addon domain name within your cPanel web hosting account is relatively straightforward. However, there will be a couple of things you have to do within your web hosting account first such as, removing the old addon domain name, and then adding the new one in its place. Please don't worry when you remove the addon domain, it will not delete any of your existing data. Please follow the step-by-step on how to make this change within your cPanel web hosting account:
- Login to your cPanel web hosting account
- Go to the section called "Domains”
- Click on "Addon Domains”
- Locate the domain name you wish to modify
- Remove the domain name you’ve just located
- Add your new domain name* on your cPanel web hosting account
*Please note, when adding your new domain name to your web hosting account, it must resolve to the same directory as the previous domain name for all of your content to stay intact and publicly visible.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to get in contact with our cPanel web hosting support team for further assistance.